Treatment Focus: Stress and Mood Management
|Group Size: 1+||Equipment: Basic|
– White Board
– Music Player
- Learn to manage mood and stress using meditation
- Learn how anxiety and stress are related to blood pressure and heart rate
- Learn how meditation can lower risk physical risks of stroke and heart attack
- Prepare whiteboard for group
- Greet people and take attendance
- Introduce the group and goals for the group
- Ask group about what stresses them out or gives them anxiety. Write their answers on the board.
- Ask group about what helps them to manage their stress and anxiety. Write their answers on the board.
- Introduce group and goals.
- Talk to group about the benefits of meditation. (Decrease stress/anxiety, physical health benefits, etc.)
- Inform group that you are going to be teaching them another coping skill to better cope with stress and anxiety which is called guided meditation.
- Instruct patients to close their eyes and to get relaxed in their seats.
- Walk patients through guided meditation session. Example Script: Guided Meditation Handout
- Sum up the group discussion about what was learned.
Intervention submitted by John Smith, CTRS Company Name. 2020
Community Scavenger Hunt
Community Scavenger HuntTreatment Focus: Identification, Teamwork, Problem Solving. Group Size: 1-4 Equipment: ...
Let’s Talk Leisure
Let's Talk LeisureTreatment Focus: Leisure Identification Group Size: 2–10 Equipment: Basic Time 20-30 ...
Mall Scavenger Hunt
Mall Scavenger HuntTreatment Focus: Problem Solving, Critical Thinking, Identification, and Teamwork. Group Size:
Box RoadTreatment Focus: Role Playing, Modeling, Receptive Listening, Spatial Awareness, and Turn Taking. Group ...