The Sticky Scavenger Sounds
Treatment Focus: Expressive Communication
|Group Size: 1–4||Equipment: Basic|
– Sticky Notes
– Large, or multiple sheets, of paper
- Matching ability
- Fine motor
- Receptive listening (comprehension)
- Write one letter on each sticky note
- Hide sticky notes around home
- Use other larger paper to write the same letters
- Tape larger paper on the wall
Description of Activity
Provide verbal directions to the client:
- ‘we need to find all of these letters’
- ‘once you find a letter you have to come back here and find the same one’
- ‘after you do that, stick your letter over this one, and let’s find the next’
Questions to be discussed with the clients before, during and after the activity/program. Examples are:
- Lets sing the ABCs together
- What letter is this?
- Do you remember where you found this letter?
- We’re in the bathroom, what do you do in here?
- How easy was it to find the letter/s you were looking for? Could it be harder/more difficult?
- Hide sticky notes with words or pictures & client matches to 3D object
- Hide household items that client should be able to identify
- Match letters to words
- Color code sticky notes to clients (if more than 1 participant)
- Increase difficulty of hidden locations
- Use only numbers, letters, or pictures
- Use larger sticky notes
- Use fewer sticky notes
- Place paper on the floor
- Use pictures & have client verbally echo (prompting may be required)
Intervention submitted by Positive Pathways.